Join us on the track for a week of Junior Roller Derby Camp!
Welcome to Rose City Rollers Junior Derby Spring Break Camp! We’re so glad you are here. This spring break send your skater to us so they can practice their derby skills (or learn new ones!) with a mixed group of skaters and have some fun together at the Hangar.
In this camp, your skater will switch between skating and off-skate activities, with craft activities donated by SCRAP PDX throughout the day. We will split up the skaters in attendance to ensure all skaters are able to skate in groups at their level.
Who is this program for?
- Skaters aged 7-18 and are
- Able to stand on skates unassisted.
- Get up from a fall without help.
- Attest to this waiver each day of Camp – Please fill it out in advance (link is in registration) and be prepared to answer COVID questions daily: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5eb07182c17b2/web/
- Skaters able to wear a mask the entire time
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
When: Monday 3/21 – Friday 3/25, 9am-3pm daily
Where: The Hangar @ Oaks Park – 7805 SE Oaks Park Way
$250 – members of RCR
$265 – non-members
What you’ll need:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet – Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program – just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You’ll need a low boot. High boot or in-line skates won’t work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard – Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded. We offer them for $20. We also have a non-moldable kind for $5.
- Sack Lunch – Please plan to pack a lunch for your youth for the first 4 days of camp. We will provide snack all week and lunch on the final camp date 3/25
- Water bottle – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
What we will provide:
- Gear – We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Snacks – We’ll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
Looking forward to seeing you on the track!