Welcome to Rose City Rollers pre-teen Derby Winter Camp. We are so glad you are here. This Winter break send your skater to us so they can practice their derby skills with a mixed group of skaters, and have some fun together at the Hangar.
In this camp, your skater will switch between skating and off-skate activities (planning mask making and other multi day craft options) throughout the day.
We will split up the skaters in attendance to ensure all skaters are able to skate at their level with Coach Rollsmary’s Baby and Coach Big Bang Fury. We will have some skaters attending from our after school programs as well as current and returning League members, the focus of this camp is to support everyone in moving forward in their skating journey, and to make sure to challenge everyone in the room.
Who is this program for?
- Skaters aged 7-12 and are
- Able to stand on skates unassisted.
- Get up from a fall without help.
- Attest to this waiver each day of Camp – Please fill it out in advance (link is in registration) and be prepared to answer Covid questions daily: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5eb07182c17b2/web/
- Skaters able to wear a mask the entire time
- Have received at least 1 dose of their covid-19 vaccinations
When: Tuesday 12/28 – Thursday 12/30 9am-3pm
Where: The Hangar @ Oaks Park
$150 – members of RCR
$165 – non-members
What you’ll need:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet – Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program – just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You’ll need a low boot (like the ones pictured above. High boot or in-line skates won’t work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard – Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded. We offer them for $20. We also have a non-moldable kind for $5.
- Water bottle – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
What we will provide:
- Gear – We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Lunch – Take a day off from packing a lunch. We got it covered.
- Snacks – We’ll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
We look forward to seeing you on the track!