Is your teen interested in starting roller derby? Send them to Rose City Rollers Teen Intro to Derby Day so they can learn basic derby skills and have some fun!
In this session, your skater will experience an on-skates practice with current Rosebuds skaters. They’ll have the opportunity to be in the Hangar and meet their future coach and community.
Who is this program for?
- Skaters ages 12-17
- Able to stand on skates unassisted.
- Get up from a fall without help.
- Skater must be fully vaccinated against covid-19
**Participants will be able to onboard with the league at our next orientation, if they so choose. Our next scheduled Zoom orientation is June 12th @ 6pm.
What you’ll need:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet – Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program – just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You’ll need a low boot (like the ones pictured above). High boot or in-line skates won’t work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard – Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded, you can purchase one online or at Five Stride Skate Shop. We offer the non-moldable kind for $5 add on.
- Water bottle – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
What we will provide:
- Gear – We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Snacks – We’ll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
We look forward to seeing you on the track!