Ready to start your roller derby journey? Now is your chance! Send your skater to us so they can learn basic derby skills, have some fun, and decide if they would like to continue on and become a member with us.
In these four sessions, your skater will experience an on-skates practice with current Rose Petals skaters. They’ll have the opportunity to be in the Hangar and meet their future coach and community.
**Participants will be able to onboard with the league at our next orientation, if they so choose. Our next scheduled Zoom orientation is October 2nd @ 6pm.
Who is this program for?
- Skaters aged 7 -12
- Skaters than can stand on skates unassisted
- Skaters than can get up from a fall unassisted
- Skaters must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate
- Sunday, September 17th- 4:30 to 5:15pm
- Sunday, September 24th- 3:00 to 4:30pm
- Sunday, October 1st- 3:00 to 4:30pm
- Sunday, October 8th- 4:30 to 5:15pm
Where: The Hangar at Oaks Park
How much: $150
*Not open to RCR members*
What you’ll need:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet – Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program – just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You’ll need a low boot (like the ones pictured above). High boot or in-line skates won’t work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard – Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded, you can purchase one online or at Five Stride Skate Shop. We offer the non-moldable kind for $5 add on.
- Water bottle – hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
What we will provide:
- Gear – We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
We look forward to seeing you on the track!