Join the Rose City Rollers on the track for a week of Junior Roller Derby Summer Camp!
At Roller Derby Summer Camp, campers will spend part of the day on skates learning derby skills and strategy; and part of the day doing off-skates activities and arts and crafts provided by SCRAP PDX. Not sure what Roller Derby is? Check out Rosebuds All-Stars winning the JRDA National Championships last summer here!
This week of camp is open to youth skaters ages 12-18, all genders, skating at a beginner or intermediate skill level.
Camp Skill Levels
- Beginner = has never been on roller skates before OR has some roller skating experience; minimal derby experience
- Intermediate = roller skates regularly, can plow stop, may have attended a week of camp before; some derby experience (either at a week-long camp or within the league)
- Advanced = current league member, can plow stop and skate backwards, knows some derby language; some derby experience, new to strategy
9:00am – 3:00pm daily
- Week 1 July 10th – July 14th: 7-11yo beginner & intermediate (register separately)
- Week 2 July 17th – July 21st: 7-11yo beginner & intermediate (register separately)
- Week 3 July 24th – July 28th: 12-18yo beginner & intermediate
- Week 4 July 31st – August 4th: 7-11yo intermediate & advanced (register separately)
- Week 5 August 7th – August 11th: 12-18yo intermediate & advanced (register separately)
- $295 for general public (non-RCR members)
- $270 for current RCR members
*Limited scholarships are available for families who meet certain income criteria. Any household who meets eligibility for reduced or free lunches in the state of Oregon, based on this data, is eligible for a scholarship. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
What you’ll need
- Skates, Pads, Helmet - Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program – just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You’ll need a low boot. High boot or in-line skates won’t work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard - Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded, you can purchase one online or at Five Stride Skate Shop. We offer the non-moldable kind for $6 add on.
- Water bottle - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. There’s no A/C in the Hangar, so prepare your skater accordingly.
- Covid-19 Vaccination – All Skaters over 5 years old MUST be vaccinated for COVID 19, which includes 2 shots and 1 booster shot. The Hangar is a fully vaccinated space for all members, you will be asked to upload your vaccine card during the registration process.
What we will provide
- Gear – We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Lunch – Take a week off from packing a lunch. We got it covered! Lunches are provided by Laughing Planet and New Season Market.
- Snacks - We’ll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
We look forward to seeing you on the track!
Cancellation policy: We will provide a full refund if registration is cancelled by July 19th, 2023. No refunds past that date. Please email email@example.com to cancel your registration.