Join Rose City Rollers on the track for a week of Junior Roller Derby Summer Camp!
At Roller Derby Summer Camp, campers will learn skating skills and derby strategy, AND do some fun off-skates activities like awesome arts and crafts! Spend a week with RCR and learn derby skills, make friends, build confidence, and have fun!
There are 5 weeks of camp available, each week is tailored to a different age group and skill level, so you can choose the camp and suits you best!
9:00am – 3:00pm daily
At the Hangar at Oaks Park
Registration opens Sunday, February 18th!
Camp Skill Levels:
- Beginner = has never been on roller skates before OR has some roller skating experience; minimal derby experience.
- Intermediate = roller skates regularly, can plow stop, may have attended a week of camp before; some derby experience (either at a week-long camp or within the league).
- Advanced = current roller derby player; at minimum, has some bout or scrimmage experience
- $335 for general public (non-RCR members)
- $300 for current RCR members
Limited scholarships are available for families who meet certain income criteria. Any household who meets eligibility for reduced or free lunches in the state of Oregon, based on this data, is eligible for a scholarship. Please email email@example.com to apply.
What we provide:
- Gear – Rental skates and gear are included in your registration! We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Snacks - We’ll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
What you’ll need:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet - Don’t have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program!
- Mouthguard - Sisu is our preferred brand because it can be remolded, you can purchase one online or at Five Stride Skate Shop. We also offer the non-moldable kind for free.
- Water bottle - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. There’s no A/C in the Hangar, so prepare your skater accordingly.
- Lunch – Bring a sack lunch and stay fueled up!
Ready to become an RCR member after camp? Attend the Juniors New Member Orientation on Zoom on August 12th from 6 to 7pm! Mark your calendars!
We look forward to seeing you on the track!